The infectious diseases intensive care unit is located on the ground floor of the new infectious diseases building, with 5 beds divided into 4 rooms as follows: 3 rooms with one bed and 1 room with two beds. The necessary equipment for the intensive care unit was purchased through the World Bank's program "Strengthening the reagent capacity of the health system" subcomponent to the "Project on the control and capacity of reagents in the event of a pandemic caused by avian influenza virus-BIRD 4839RO loan" in 2009. This department was included in the organizational structure of the hospital by the Order of the Ministry of Health no. 1387/2009.
The infectious diseases intensive care unit was opened on May 1, 2011, and the official opening occurred on May 21, 2011, with the participation of Secretary of State Prof.Dr.Adrian Streinu-Cercel, Mayor of Timisoara Mr.Chiuhandu and Prof.Dr.Dorel Sandesc.